- I began in the Wuji position, and took some deep breaths in to ground myself and connect with “Source”. I then faced East, drawing up the energy from the earth, through my body, and then forcing that energy out of my lungs and mouth with a “Haaaah” sound. I also used my arms and hands in the motion of bringing up energy from the earth, and then pushing out the energy from my chest with flat hands, into the open air. My intention was to bring up the stuck energy and then push it outward, as if purging and moving the stuck energy that needed to be removed. I saw this as- a cleansing process, similar to the methods used in Qigong. I did this 3 times while facing the East..
- I then positioned myself to face the West and repeated the process, and once again used the sound of “Haaaah” while pushing my hands out in a cleansing manner.
- I then positioned myself to the North and repeated the process, and then faced South, repeating the cleansing breath and sound.
- I turned my attention to bring in clear, clean, vibrant energy around the globe.
- During my sleep state, I received a message to use the gentle melodic sound title “In My Room” from Echo Canyon, sung by Jakob Dylan and Fiona Apple, as part of this healing meditation.
- I then visualized facing East and played the song, sending out the gentle tones and vibrations in this song, visualizing it gently moving and healing the Eastern quadrant of the globe. I saw and felt the nourishment of this energy and the trickle and flow of movement.
- When the song ended, I then faced West, and repeated the song and the process I used in the prior direction. When the song and visual ended, I turned toward the North and repeated the process, and then finally repeating it facing South.
- After sensing the healing harmonies and gentle vibration continuing on their own, I created a type of healing bubble of protection around the globe, using the thoughts of love, support, and calmness.
- I then ended the meditation.
By Beth Quist
I've been exploring different methods to see how to change and improve the group energy in humanity. My desire is to get move and purge the energy of fear, chaos, hate, and violence in our society, and allow the energy of love, support and kindness to more freely flow. I'm currently using the method of sound, music, and vibration in this process, in meditations focused on humanity. The song, sound, and method I use is often prompted via a meditation or a dream message and I try different methods almost daily. Here is an example of one of the recent methods I used, in hopes of helping to calm the current anxieties and fears around the globe:
By Beth Quist
I meditate each morning. With some of those meditations I have an agenda or purpose, such as "I am seeking answers", or I am preparing to do a "remote Qigong healing for someone", or perhaps I just want to "nourish my soul and feel". But this meditation experience was the first time I was not in control and couldn't stop the experience happening to me during this meditation.
I began my meditation like I usually do - in the early morning hours, in the dark, sitting on my couch with complete silence. I took a couple of cleansing breaths, grounded myself, closed my eyes, and began to meditate. But then things changed. I now found my spiritual self being pulled to the top of a mountain and I was now sitting by a person, who was on my right, who appeared to be a monk – maybe a Buddhist monk ? My thoughts then shifted and I thought, "I must be in Asia".
This Buddhist-looking monk then either telepathically communicated to me, or I sensed his desire and reason for pulling me to this mountain. He wanted a healing treatment. I assumed he was making this request for himself, so I looked at his body, and he didn’t look ill. This seemed to be a lot of effort to bring me thousands of miles through space and time to do a healing on someone who looked rather healthy. But then, with his next thought, I found myself inside a room - a gray dark room with plain looking cement walls. I saw a woman laying on a blanket on the floor. She was the one who was ill. I then realized this Buddhist-looking monk had brought me to heal this woman.
At first I was unsure what to do, or even how to begin, but then I thought, it’s just a remote Qigong treatment, so I began with the normal Qigong healing protocol of what I do when I don't have all the information about someone's health. I started with the Bagua and focused on building the energy in her yin organs. I then went to the yang organs, and then to the other organ systems, clearing blockages, directing vibrant Qi into those organs, and balancing the energy and flow throughout her body.I then could see her starting to rally. She opened her eyes and I smiled at her.
I was then pulled back to my home and I was sitting on my couch in the early morning hours, almost as if nothing happened. The event was now over and things were back to normal.
This was the first time I had an experience in a meditation where I was not in control. This created a new awareness about how barriers can be removed and requests for help answered. It also let me know there are many other new experiences available if one is open to receive them as well as participate in them.
Author - Beth Quist
Beth is a certified in Medical Qigong Therapist and the owner of "Qigong by Quist". She also is the author of "Cultivating Spiritual Energies" - a reference guide on how to cultivate and use subtle energies - like Qi.