- I began in the Wuji position, and took some deep breaths in to ground myself and connect with “Source”. I then faced East, drawing up the energy from the earth, through my body, and then forcing that energy out of my lungs and mouth with a “Haaaah” sound. I also used my arms and hands in the motion of bringing up energy from the earth, and then pushing out the energy from my chest with flat hands, into the open air. My intention was to bring up the stuck energy and then push it outward, as if purging and moving the stuck energy that needed to be removed. I saw this as- a cleansing process, similar to the methods used in Qigong. I did this 3 times while facing the East..
- I then positioned myself to face the West and repeated the process, and once again used the sound of “Haaaah” while pushing my hands out in a cleansing manner.
- I then positioned myself to the North and repeated the process, and then faced South, repeating the cleansing breath and sound.
- I turned my attention to bring in clear, clean, vibrant energy around the globe.
- During my sleep state, I received a message to use the gentle melodic sound title “In My Room” from Echo Canyon, sung by Jakob Dylan and Fiona Apple, as part of this healing meditation.
- I then visualized facing East and played the song, sending out the gentle tones and vibrations in this song, visualizing it gently moving and healing the Eastern quadrant of the globe. I saw and felt the nourishment of this energy and the trickle and flow of movement.
- When the song ended, I then faced West, and repeated the song and the process I used in the prior direction. When the song and visual ended, I turned toward the North and repeated the process, and then finally repeating it facing South.
- After sensing the healing harmonies and gentle vibration continuing on their own, I created a type of healing bubble of protection around the globe, using the thoughts of love, support, and calmness.
- I then ended the meditation.
By Beth Quist
I've been exploring different methods to see how to change and improve the group energy in humanity. My desire is to get move and purge the energy of fear, chaos, hate, and violence in our society, and allow the energy of love, support and kindness to more freely flow. I'm currently using the method of sound, music, and vibration in this process, in meditations focused on humanity. The song, sound, and method I use is often prompted via a meditation or a dream message and I try different methods almost daily. Here is an example of one of the recent methods I used, in hopes of helping to calm the current anxieties and fears around the globe:
After a year or so of trying different ideas and methodologies to help heal humanity so we learn how to partner with each other, as well as partner with the earth, I became rather discouraged. Nothing I tried seemed to work, or didn't work for very long. Because Gaia had recommended I focus my efforts on working on healing humanity rather than healing the earth, I decided to go back and visit Gaia and see if she could help me. I needed guidance.
Because the first time I met Gaia, I had been invited and "pulled in to meet her" in a meditation, I wasn't sure how to go about visiting her without an invitation. But after several attempts, I was finally able to reconnect and visit Gaia once again. During this visit I shared my frustrations and asked for her assistance. I was then directed to a door, which I opened and then walked inside. It was a large room and inside was a HUGE musical instrument. To me, it looked similar to gigantic French Horn but was almost three stories tall. I was told this was now my instrument and I could use it anytime to help in my quest to heal humanity.
I don't play the French Horn and I did not know how to use this instrument. But then went to the 3rd floor of this room, sat down near the musical instrument, and a song popped in my head. It was a song I heard the previous night- "Creep"sung by Rozzi. I immediately heard the melody play on this instrument and the vibration and harmonies seem to float through the ethers of the universe.
Since that experience, I've been experiencing with different sounds, songs, and methods with this healing instrument. Occasionally other like-minded souls with a desire to heal humanity show up and we all play together, sending out sounds and vibration focused on healing humanity.
As you probably know, different sounds and vibrations are used in Qigong to purge and remove stuck and stagnant Qi inside the body. It seems that a big-ass instrument is able to work on a larger audience.
There are even ancient writings carved in stone with images of figures blowing horns, like kokopelli. This leads me to believe that many other cultures have used sound and music as a favored tool, too.
My goal is to help stop the growing divide that seems to be filling up the world with more hate and violence. I am expecting humanity to start playing nice with each and respect each other - build bridges and find common ground. I am feeling seeds of hope.
By Beth Quist
When I retired, I decided to focus my efforts towards healing the planet. The way I was going to do this was similar to using the tools I use on Medical Qigong treatments. I was going to work with a microcosm of the planet to help the planet heal and get well. Because I live in California, I focused located different "earth energy sites" in California which would act like acupoints to direct and work with subtle energies (similar to acupuncture points in the body). I then traveled around the state to conduct different types of healing activities at those locations.
After several months of doing this, I was doing one of my regular early morning meditations, when something new happened. I could feel my energetic self being PULLED and carried away as if I was in a tunnel. I tried to stop this by ending the meditation, but I could not even end the meditation. So I just relaxed and "let go". Eventually the pull stopped and I found myself being in a large open space, like a room with granite looking walls. There were no windows. I saw a few very tall gray looking "andromorph" shaped Beings who reminded me of the shapes seen in some petroglyphs in Utah. These Beings seemed to greet and welcome me, then took me to a Being who seemed to be in charge. I will call this Being, Gaia, because that is the name that popped into my thoughts when I first saw her. She essentially wanted to know what I was trying to accomplish with all those healing activities I was doing.
I told her I was working to heal the planet from global warming. I expected she would be pleased, but she wasn't. She replied that she heals herself through her various cleansing processes, like earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, and volcanoes. She then recommended that instead of focusing on healing the planet, the better option would be to work on healing humanity and preventing the problem of global warming. "This is where the real problem lies" she said.
I accepted her advice and now found myself sitting back on my couch, in my meditative state. It was almost as if nothing had just happened. The purpose of this visit had been achieved and I could just pick up where I left off.
Since that experience I have refocused my efforts to work on healing humanity. Part of the process has been to define what healing humanity means, as well as what approaches to try. It also meant I needed to figure out how to assess and evaluate the results to determine if anything I was doing was effective.
This has resulted in a lot of thoughts, pondering, and different game plans in using and directing QI to help in these efforts. There may be multiple approaches and they may work in different locations, or seasons, or with different cultures. But my primary method is to see what works to help awaken people to WANT to work together and create a world we all want to live in.
Author - Beth Quist
Beth is a certified in Medical Qigong Therapist and the owner of "Qigong by Quist". She also is the author of "Cultivating Spiritual Energies" - a reference guide on how to cultivate and use subtle energies - like Qi.