STEP 1 – Improve health and wellness
To improve your health, the first step is improve what you eat. In developed countries, this usually means to eat less processed food and more vegetables, preferably, organic food.
Life is about movement, so this means one must move the body, too. Qigong exercises keep the body moving and the Qi flowing.
In addition, the mind must also be stimulated. Qigong uses visualization in its exercise movements, which also stimulate the mind. Qigong also uses meditation. Both of these activities provide an effective way to keep the mind stimulated and alert.
- Here are some recommended Qigong exercises
- Here are some recommended Qigong meditations
- Here is a meditation to Nourish Your Organs (good to do if you are feeling under the weather)
- Microcosmic Orbit Meditation (a must when you are ill)
- Healing Sound Qigong (good for helping to balance emotions)
- Standing Meditation (strengthens the muscles)
- Creating and using Qi Balls (provides you the ability to easily provide additional Qi for things you need or desire)
STEP 2 – Improve Your Ability to Receive and Send Subtle Messages
Qi cultivation includes receiving and directing Qi. This includes getting in tune with Qi to be able to interpret what is needed.
To improve this ability, spend time each day meditating to either receive subtle messages or use the meditation to direct your mind for a specific focused intent. Either of these meditation styles helps you improve your ability to sense and interpret Qi messages.
STEP 3 – Cultivate Other Types of Qi Energies
If you want to expand the types of subtle energetic experiences in your life, you need to cultivate different types of Qi. Different types of Qi will produce different types of energetic experiences. You can identify the types of subtle energy experiences you want and then cultivate that type of Qi to allow that energy to connect and be part of your life.
How do you know what subtle energy or Qi to choose?
- You can choose based on which chakras you "see" during a chakra meditation? Now, which chakra(s) are clear, vibrant, and/or aligned? This can help guide you into knowing which type of energies you are already cultivating or are most sensitive to.
- Review which types of subtle energy experiences have you already experienced. You are probably more sensitive to that type of energy frequency and can more easily cultivate that energy and expand that energy
- You can identify the types of subtle energetic experiences you desire to have in your life, and then cultivate that type of energy.
- You can also identify the type of Qi Cultivation Tool(s) you are drawn to or interested in using.
There are seven Qi Cultivation tools. You can select one tool and use it to cultivate any of the chakra energies, or you can mix and match the cultivation tools for any of the chakra energy types.
Here is a summary of the Qi cultivation tools:
Whenever you use any of the Qi Cultivation Tools, you need to use the basic Qi Cultivation process;
- be present and aware (mindful)
- have focused intent (give direction to your thought)
- and feel the energy of love (even us a smile or gratitude works)
There are other considerations to include in your Qi cultivation journey, such as:
- Protect your living space. Visualize an energy field of protection around your meditation & sleeping space. Do this at least monthly.
- Refill your subtle energy tank (dantien) with Qi each week. Use Qigong, meditation, or any of the Qi cultivation tools & visualize your tank getting refilled. Do this so you have subtle energy reserves available so you can be open to have and receive amazing experiences at any time.
- Track the changes in your chakras to see how your chakras change over time (size, shape, if they are aligned, clear,are they vibrant, is energy flowing in and between chakras)
- Write it down. To improve your ability to receive incoming messages, keep a journal and write down events, such as important thoughts, new ideas, dreams, &/or what seems to be an incoming messages. Recording what may be an incoming message alerts your inner self, spiritual guide, & higher self, you are paying attention to what could be incoming messages they may be sending. This will trigger a release of even more incoming messages. Over time, this helps you improve your ability to not only tell the difference between different types of messages, but you will improve your ability to interpret those subtle communication messages.
Each of us has the power to cultivate Qi and use it to improve our lives. As we cultivate Qi, we can have more subtle energetic experiences. These experiences will enhance our lives and provide more understanding, knowledge, wisdom, adventure, and give us more joy. Cultivating Qi is well worth the time and effort.