- Qi is life force energy.
- Qi generates blood
- Qi moves blood.
- Qi holds blood.
- When Qi moves, Blood follows.
- When Qi stagnates, Blood congeals.
- When Qi is deficient or stagnant, it fails to push Blood, which means blood will stagnate.
- Thoughts move Qi.
- Intention moves Qi.
- Emotions and feelings move Qi.
- Movement and exercise moves Qi.
- Massage (TuiNa) can move Qi.
- Herbs can move Qi
- Acupuncture &/or acupressure can move Qi.
- Meditation can move Qi.
- Qigong moves Qi.
This chart displays the natural rhythmic 24 hour flow of Qi through the different organ systems and meridians.
If your emotions become negative, your natural flow of Qi becomes altered. Different emotions will affect the Qi flow differently.
- Sadness will move the Qi inward
- Worry will knot and bind the Qi
- Uncontrolled laughter (mania) slows the Qi
- Shock will scatter the Qi
- Fear will drop the Qi
- Anger will make the Qi rise
Each of our major organs are sensitive to certain types of emotions, so when our emotions are negative, those specific organs become compromised:
- Sadness and grief affects the lungs, then large intestine, and then skin
- Worry affects the spleen and stomach, and then the muscles
- Uncontrolled laughter (mania) affects the heart and mind
- Shock and stress affects the heart, mind, and then arteries & veins
- Fear will affect the kidneys and bladder, and then the bones
- Anger will affect the liver and gallbladder, then the tendons, then the eyes
Why does Qi flow effect our health? Because blood follows Qi, so when Qi is not flowing where and how it should, blood isn't going where it should, either.
This chart summarizes the negative emotions, along with which organs get impacted by that emotion, and what symptoms develop if that emotion is not neutralized or dealt with.
There are different Qigong techniques to help you neutralize a negative emotion and get your Qi flowing.
- Healing Sounds (this is one of the most powerful tools available in dealing with negative emotions)
- Qigong exercises
- Meditation to Nourish the Organs
- Redirect Your Thoughts for Positive Qi Flow
- Improving Your Qi Quality and Flow
Recognizing we can use techniques, such as Qigong, can be rather empowering. There are many tools available to help deal with negative emotions and Qigong is just one of those tools which can be readily available for us to pick up and use as needed. We really can make a difference and take more control over our own health and wellness.