Our environmental Qi is, for the most part, based on where we live, work, and rest (or play). If our environment has good Qi, it helps nourish us. If our environment is negative or toxic, our health and well being is affected.
Assess Your Environment
How is your environmental Qi and is it helping or hurting you? Are you tired, sluggish, stressed, angry, afraid, worried, scattered? Or are you calm, serene, tranquil, harmonious, stimulated, feel supported (loved), and peaceful? If the sensations are negative in one of your environments (home, work, or rest/play) your Qi environment needs to be changed and/or improved, or you need to personally protect yourself from that energy. If your sensation is positive and nurturing, then your Qi environment is fine.
How to Change the Subtle Energy in Your Home
If you need to change or want to improve the subtle energy within your home, you first have to clean the vessel. To do this, you have to purge, or move out that negative, stagnant, and gray Qi from the environment. This is done so it can be replaced with clean, vibrant and nourishing Qi.
The purging process and the Qi replacement process uses the techniques of Qigong; awareness, engaging the energy of your thoughts, and then directing those thoughts for a purpose through visualization. This process is how we cultivate and direct Qi in the body, and now we use those same principles, in our home.
Purge the Negative Energy from Your Home
Here are some different methods you can use to purge the negative energy out from your home environment:
- Negative Energy Sucked Back into the Earth. Stand in the middle of the room or your home. Visualize pulling up energy from the ground into your feet, and then throughout your body. Once you are filled with earth subtle energy, raise one of your arms and direct the earth's energy out of the middle of your palm. Visualize this vibrant energy coming from the earth, through you, and then out your palm. Now visualize displacing and moving any negative energy out of the room. Visualize the negative energy being removed and being sucked back into the earth where it will be processed and cleansed. When you sense the gray or stagnant energy has all been removed, you can end the visualization and disconnect from the earth.
- Negative Energy Blown Out of Room & Into Space. Stand in the middle of the room or home. Visualize pulling energy of the earth into your body, then take a big deep breath, and forcefully blow the air out of your lungs as if you are blowing and forcing the stagnant or negative energy out of the room. Visualize the gray dull energy leaving the room and evaporating into the ethos, where it will be cleansed and changed. When the negative energy is gone, end the visualization.
- Sage Stick Cleansing. You can use a sage stick or incense as part of a cleansing process and visualize the negative energy being burned away. Take the stick, light the stick, then visualizing the smoke (or fire) destroying the negative energy. As you hold the stick, walk around the room and move the stick up and down, back and forth, as if you are burning off and getting rid of the negative energy in the room.
- Cleanse and Bless with Salt Water. You can use salt water to cleanse the space. Combine a a cup of water and a teaspoon of salt and mix until the salt is dissolved. Hold the cup of salt water and root yourself with the earth. Visualize the energy from the earth coming up from your body and coming out of your palms and into the cut of salt water. Visualize the cup of salt water being purified by the earth's energy. When it feels like the water has changed or is filled with Qi, take your fingers and dip them in the salt water, then shake your wetted fingers and scatter the drops of water around the home. Mentally visualize your home being cleansed and nourished with the earth's Qi. Fill your heart and mind with love as you scatter the drops of water around the home.
- Infuse with Energy of Light. You can do a meditation and visualize directing vibrant Qi to fill and nourish the room.
- Infuse Objects with Positive Energy. You can take different objects, fill them with Qi (through a meditation and visualization) bless them (give the energy a purpose), direct the energy of love onto the object(s), and then place the object(s) in different locations around your home.
- Protection Energy. You can visualize and use subtle energy to protect your home.
Sometimes you don't necessarily have control over your environment but need protection so your subtle energy is preserved. You can use those same Qigong principles of mental awareness, using the energy of your thoughts, and then directing this energy for a specific purpose (through visualization). A very effective method of protection is to create a column of light and then use that energy of light to protect you throughout the day.
Your environment has an impact on how you feel and your health. There are different tools and methods you can use to improve the Qi in your environment and also ways to protect your personal energy and space. You do have some control in your environmental Qi.