So how does one use color as a tool? There are different ways you can use color to cultivate your energetic body. Some of the experiences can happen naturally, such as when you pause, notice a brilliant sunset of color, and you watch the light change. In that moment, you feel present & aware, you observe the color and light, and may even smile and feel awe. You then notice your soul expand and lift as your energetic self becomes nourished by this subtle energy.
Other times you give thoughtful intention to the process to help guide the energy to where you want it to go. For example, you tune in and become present, then give direction to your thought, and then add in that feeling of love. This three step process helps assure the energy from that tool is being cultivated & used for the intent you want.
You can use different colors in a meditation to help nourish your energetic self. You can use different colors to nourish, balance, and align your different chakras. Because the chakras are visualized as different colors, you use those same color choices in different color meditations and choose the color based on the chakra you desire to cultivate.
• You can do this by visualizing breathing in color and then directing the energy of that color to nourish your whole body, or nourish a specific chakra.
• You can use a colored light bulb to give focus to a certain color you are going to use to bring into your body.
• You can place a cloth over a lamp so it displays a certain color in the room.
• You can use a candle and then place it is a glass container to display a certain hue.
• You can just visualize a specific color in your mind and use that visualization in the meditation.
Here is some additional information on using color in meditations:
• Color Meditation
• Using Color to Energize the Chakras
Exercise to Develop Color Sensing
When you start to tune into color and become more aware of this energy, you will also be able to expand your ability to direct and send color energy to another person. This skill is often used in Qigong healing because different energy vibrations and frequencies will be used to nourish and fortify different organs.
To see how well you are able to send and/or receive color energies, here is an exercise you can do with a partner to help you develop and sense color, or just assess this ability within yourself.
Color is another tool to help you cultivate and develop the subtle energies for your energetic body. The energy of the 4th chakra is the energy of love, and the energy equivalent of this vibration is color. Using color to cultivate and refine this energy will help you to have more "ah hah" experiences associated with this energy vibration, which in the end, will give you more intense feelings of joy & pleasure in your life.